For a complete list of scholarship opportunities please see go to the Scholarship section under the Opportunities & Events tab. Click here to go there now.
Washington summer program for gifted students
- University of Washington Summer Stretch and Summer Challenge Programs
- The Halbert And Nancy Robinson Center for Young Scholars
- The Overlake School, Redmond, WA Summer Institute for the Gifted
- Seabury School, Tacoma, WA, Summer at Seabury
- Western Washington University Program for the Arts and Sciences
- Central Washington University Summer Camps
- Eastern Washington University Satori Camp
- Whitworth University Center for Gifted Education
- Whitworth University Camp Metamorpho
out of state summer programs for gifted students
- University of Oregon Summer Enrichment Program
- University of Northern Colorado Summer Enrichment Program
- University of Connecticut Summer Program for Talented Teens
- Duke University Talented Identification Program (TIP) – seeks profoundly gifted students, ages 12 through 15, who are interested in attending the THINK Summer Institute, a 3-week residential summer program on the campus of the University of Nevada, Reno, where students can earn up to 7 college credits.
- Exploration - For more than 35 years, Exploration has brought together bright, curious, and interesting young people from around the globe to challenge themselves, discover the world of people and ideas, and experience the joy of learning.
academic competition programs & opportunities
- Academic Decathlon – Decathletes compete in teams in ten different academic competitions. Awards and scholarships may be won.
- Centrum – Centrum: Experiences in Creativity. Port Townsend, WA.
- DECA – a leadership organization for students interested in management, business, communications, and entrepreneurship.
- Destination Imagination – an international creative problem solving program for young people K-College.
- Washington Imagination Network – the affiliate for Destination Imagination affiliate which coordinates the Destination ImagiNation program in Washington State.
- Washington Environthon – Problem solving, natural resource program for high school students.
- Family, Career and Community Leaders of America – program to develop strong leaders in families, careers, and community through Family in Consumer Sciences education and the FCCLA organization.
- Washington State FFA Association – Develops potential for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agricultural education.
- Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) – organization for students with career interests in business.
- Future Problem Solving – an international creative and critical thinking program for young people, elementary through high school with an affiliate program in Washington State.
- History Day – national contest for students in grades 6-12 where students conduct extensive research related to an annual theme and present their findings in one of five categories: papers, exhibits, documentaries, performances, or websites.
- Junior Achievement – Educates and inspires young people to value free enterprise, business, and economics to improve the quality of their lives.
- Math Counts – mathematics coaching and competition program with local, state and national competitions.
- Math Olympiad and High School Math Contest – Two mathematics competitions for middle and high school students.
- Washington State Science and Engineering Fairs – Opportunity for projects in K-12 to be judged at local science fairs.
- Science Bowl – Competitions with “Jeopardy” style oral question and answer contests.
- Science Olympiad – national program of academic, interscholastic competitions designed to increase student interest in science and improve the quality of science education.
- Skills USA – VICA – nationwide education association that provides quality educational experiences for students in leadership, teamwork, citizenship and character development.
- Synergy Challenge – Synergy Challenge provides a new task every season where gifted students will design, create, build, and perform something from their imagination.
- Washington Association of Student Leaders – promotes and provides leadership opportunities and skills for all students.
- Washington Vocational Sports Medicine – nonprofit organization dedicated to ensuring quality atheletic/medicine/health care at the secondary levels.
- YMCA Youth and Government – Mock Trial Program and Youth Legislative Program - Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- WIAA – The Washington Interscholastic Activities Association exists to assist member schools in operating student programs that foster achievement, respect, equity, enthusiasm and excellence in a safe and organized environment. These programs cover atheletics, drill and dance, music, cheer, forensics, and academic competitions.